[haiku-appserver] Re: pageflipper OK but/ overlay CMAP8

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 18:59:09 +0200 CEST

Hi again,

> Hi Rudolf,
>
> "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Pageflipper indeed works nicely now!, also my own testapp nolonger
> > shows the cursor at any time, so looking better than on R5 :)
> > However, every once in a while exiting pageflipper (alt-Q or alt-X,
> > which one was it?) takes down the acceleration engine or doesn't
> > quit
> > alltogether (nolonger runs, shows static picture (most white), and
> > if
> > switch to another workspace I can alt-ctrl-del and kill it.)
> > Can it be that the engine lock is not always released? Or there's
> > something else happening..
>
> I didn't see that yet, but I don't think it's caused by the engine's
> lock because the app_server would then be locked up, too (and
> wouldn't
> let you switch workspaces).
> BTW quitting is usually done via Alt-Q :)

OK, I am just confusing different apps on different OS-ses then ;-)
Anyhow, the acceleration engine crashes sometimes. Maybe then an
incomplete command gets sent to the engine i.e. the routine gets
aborted mid-run. This is not a normal exit..

> That's simple, the overlay color is currently drawn on screen - but
> that one doesn't translate to the magic overlay color yet for
> B_CMAP8.
> I think we'd need to handle this case specifically.

The palette needs an entry that carries the magic color fed to the
driver as well. It's a normal 24bit entry as far as the driver is
concerned: a 'copy' of RGB32 mode. (since the hardware looks at the DAC
outputs, not the framebuffer, for the keying mechanism.)

Bye!