[haiku-appserver] Re: pageflipper OK but/ overlay CMAP8

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:03:52 +0200 CEST

Hi Rudolf,

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pageflipper indeed works nicely now!, also my own testapp nolonger
> shows the cursor at any time, so looking better than on R5 :)
> However, every once in a while exiting pageflipper (alt-Q or alt-X,
> which one was it?) takes down the acceleration engine or doesn't quit
> alltogether (nolonger runs, shows static picture (most white), and if
> switch to another workspace I can alt-ctrl-del and kill it.)
> Can it be that the engine lock is not always released? Or there's
> something else happening..

I didn't see that yet, but I don't think it's caused by the engine's
lock because the app_server would then be locked up, too (and wouldn't
let you switch workspaces).
BTW quitting is usually done via Alt-Q :)

> CMAP 8 works nicely now in app_server, but overlay doesn't show there
> (only the magic color windows being black(?)). Could you have a look
> at
> that?

That's simple, the overlay color is currently drawn on screen - but
that one doesn't translate to the magic overlay color yet for B_CMAP8.
I think we'd need to handle this case specifically.

> Apart from those two (probably minor) issues it's looking very good!
> Cool 8-)

Indeed :-)

Bye,
   Axel.