[haiku-appserver] Re: pageflipper OK but/ overlay CMAP8

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 22:09:44 +0200 CEST

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyhow, the acceleration engine crashes sometimes. Maybe then an
> incomplete command gets sent to the engine i.e. the routine gets
> aborted mid-run. This is not a normal exit..

I'll try to reproduce it.

> > That's simple, the overlay color is currently drawn on screen - but
> > that one doesn't translate to the magic overlay color yet for
> > B_CMAP8.
> > I think we'd need to handle this case specifically.
> The palette needs an entry that carries the magic color fed to the
> driver as well. It's a normal 24bit entry as far as the driver is
> concerned: a 'copy' of RGB32 mode. (since the hardware looks at the
> DAC
> outputs, not the framebuffer, for the keying mechanism.)

Actually, I think it's a bit more complicated. The overlay color in
BeOS is just white (255, 255, 255, same as the magic transparency
value) - at index 255 (not the other white at some earlier index).
I don't know how it's done on other graphics cards, but the Intel
Extreme 2 needs the actual index, not the color on screen, there, the
white at index 255 is really different from the other one (for
overlay).
Under Haiku, I cannot specify this yet, AFAICT (or can I?).