[haiku-appserver] Re: overlay in CMAP8 - change needed

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:17:58 +0200 CEST

Morning :)

> The problem is indeed that the app_server renders the wrong color for
> the overlay. And right now I don't even have a good idea on how to
> work
> around that - maybe the alpha value can change that (if it's set
> correctly), but I dunno.
> The problem is that the app_server as well needs to select the
> correct
> color from the palette - it usually sees "white" (or whatever) and
> takes the wrong color. We must talk it into actually drawing the
> transparent magic color :-)

Thanks for the explanation, from time to time I need that :-)

> > So: do you think I ask stupid questions, wasting your time? Just
> > let
> > me
> > know and I'll shut up, and forget about testing Haiku again (for
> > now):
> > concentrating on the established versions of BeOS to just continue
> > my
> > 'core business'. ;-)
>
> Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier to remove that rubbish
> from
> your brain (having seen previous hints about that) ;-)
> Anyway, I think you always provide helpful insights, or at least ask
> very valid questions :-))

And thanks again. I really hope you guys keep me on the right track
here BTW, for me a lot of this stuff is new, so I am a bit uncertain
about that.
(And I hate having to read between the lines trying to guess what
people are trying to say, or not. I guess you understand. :)

> Please continue - when you start to annoy us (hard to imagine,
> though),
> we'll let you know (in some way or another, hehe)!

OK, agreed. :)

And, see my following mail.

Thanks again.

Bye!