[haiku-appserver] Re: overlay in CMAP8 - change needed

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 22:00:22 +0200 CEST

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > and just replace it with a fixed number : 255.
> > I do, at least :-)
> > The only problem is that we're using the not-so-uncommon color
> > white
> > for this. But other than that, I think we can stay with this as is.
> Well, then the last remaining thing remains: please update Haiku
> app_server to send that color that's in index 255... since Matrox,
> neomagic and nvidia depend on it (at least).

Despite the fact that a) it's hard coded, and b) the alpha channel is
incorrect, that's what happens right now. For B_CMAP8, the Haiku
app_server sets all key/mask values to 0xff, which I think is exactly
what happens under BeOS (if I can trust the debug output of the intel
driver and my memories ;-))