[haiku-appserver] Re: overlay in CMAP8 - change needed

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:43:05 +0200 CEST

Hi Rudolf,

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess I'm a bit dumb. And I'm now drinking a beer, which probably
> doesn't help either :)

Hehe :-)

> So, you're saying that the app is not displaying the correct color
> onscreen? Sorry, I still don't get it... I think the problem is that
> you and Stephan look from the app_server perspective with all
> knowledge
> of it's inner workings, while I am looking from the opposite
> direction:
> the drivers. I just see a black box not behaving as it should, I just
> know about the interfaces to the app and the driver, that's why I am
> trying to get a full sentence out of you guys just plain and simple
> telling me where the problem lies (English for dummies so to speak).

The problem is indeed that the app_server renders the wrong color for
the overlay. And right now I don't even have a good idea on how to work
around that - maybe the alpha value can change that (if it's set
correctly), but I dunno.
The problem is that the app_server as well needs to select the correct
color from the palette - it usually sees "white" (or whatever) and
takes the wrong color. We must talk it into actually drawing the
transparent magic color :-)

> So: do you think I ask stupid questions, wasting your time? Just let
> me
> know and I'll shut up, and forget about testing Haiku again (for
> now):
> concentrating on the established versions of BeOS to just continue my
> 'core business'. ;-)

Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier to remove that rubbish from
your brain (having seen previous hints about that) ;-)
Anyway, I think you always provide helpful insights, or at least ask
very valid questions :-))
Please continue - when you start to annoy us (hard to imagine, though),
we'll let you know (in some way or another, hehe)!