[haiku-appserver] Re: overlay in CMAP8 - change needed

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 23:10:52 +0200

Hi Rudolf,

I don't know that much about overlay keying colors. But I am pretty sure
that the color at index 255 is the one used for representing transparency
in B_CMAP8 bitmaps. It is never going to change. Confirmed. Wether this can
be used for the overlay key color as well, I don't know for sure, but I
would think it can. At least from your emails I had the impression that
you're searching for the "magic" index. Sometimes earlier it was said, you
cannot be sure about the index, since the color appears twice. This is not
correct, while the color does appear twice, the magic index is always going
to be 255.