[haiku-appserver] Re: overlay in CMAP8 - change needed

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:52:26 +0200 CEST

Hi guys!

Please tell me what the real status is on this then!
-from the driver's  viewpoint, it should just be sent the correct
colorindex along with the magic color! There's no denying that.
-if however, from R5, Dano, Zeta, and Haiku app_server viewpoint, it's
_quaranteed_ that the correct index is _always_ 255, then you are (upto
now, implicitly) stating that all driver authors that need to feed the
colorindex into the hardware for B_CMAP8, should _in fact_ hardcode it
to be index 255.

---please confirm this.. ---

Then, if you indeed confirm this, and you in fact already did (read
your mail below), please fix Haiku's app_server to send the color
that's sitting in index 255 over to the driver as magic color! There
couldn't be a simpler fix for overlay in CMAP8 for numerous drivers....

Thanks!

Rudolf.