[haiku-appserver] Re: communication

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:06:54 +0200 CEST

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As I said, the buffer size has *nothing* to do with this anymore.
> > Have a look at LinkMsgSender::StartMessage() maybe you can believe
> > me
> > then :-)
>       I had a look yesterday, that's why I did that test in the first
> place. The buffer always grows at a max of 64K, it never shrinks back
> 2K.
>       Have another look, and this time maybe you should put you glasses.
> :-P
>
>       I cannot believe you as I have my tests a a proof. ;-)

Just read what I wrote: the buffer size is completely independent from
this. There is no reason to decrease the buffer size anymore. I think
we should start with a bigger buffer, too, as there is only one link
per looper (I will change the BAppServerLink as well to not claim
memory anymore).
Ie. we should find out the largest value that will be send by a usual
application and have the initial buffer size cover that amount.

Bye,
   Axel.