[haiku-appserver] Re: communication

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 4 Jun 2005 16:51:17 -0000

Hi Axel,

>I think he wanted to save another lock,

A static BLocker could do, IMHO.

> and I think it's not >correct to
>do so this way. But before we change this, we should probably
>investigate in the exact cause of the deadlock.

Ok, agreed.

>And It's definitely not acceptable that it creates a new >reply port for
>every construction.

Yeah, there was a small discussion some weeks ago on the list.
What about using a static reply port here too ? It would be managed by the
static lock, so it shouldn't run into concurrency problems.
We would create it when BApplication calls InitData(), and destroy it when the
BApplication dies.
Or we could use the BApplication's reply port (as Adi suggested in the
mentioned discussion). But I don't know if it's feasible.

>Furthermore, the message code
>alone need to carry infos like "needs reply".
>Also, we should replace the almost useless SERVER_TRUE and >SERVER_FALSE
>with real error codes, a standard status_t will do here.

Ahhh, yes, I want that too :)

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/