[haiku-appserver] Re: communication

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:10:20 +0300

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
>>5) should we group mouse_moved messages that come from >input_server?
>>If yes, then we need to be able to read all messages present in >port's
>>queue. Current implementation does not allow this.
>

> Actually, I think this is Input Server's work, not app_server's work.

        No, no... the input server sends mouse_moved messages as fast as it
can, AFAIK. RootLayer's thread has work to be done, when it reads from it's
port, I think it should collapse mouse_moved messages. If not, when you
are under heavy load, and move a window, I think you'll see the window
moving after you stopped moving the mouse.

bye,
Adi.