[guispeak] Re: SBC Yahoo! DSL Accessibility

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:52:57 -0500

I have discovered that different areas have different rules where these
chain isps are concerned.  Comcast for instance has different rates for
northern virginia than it does for my part of maryland.  I have also heard
that tech support differes widely in quality and that the quality of the
service differs.  In most dsl situations, you get your service through a
third party and while you might be able to get service if you call the main
number, often, depending on the area in which you live for instance in
maryland, verizon tells you often that that is an internet service providor
issue and often will not help if you run into problems but will refer your
question to someone you are not allowed to talk to and either call you back
or send you an email but of course, if you are not able to get email, you
are out of luck.

It's nice to know that some are happy with their service and their
relationships with dsl isps, but I am still hearing horror stories from all
over the country about dsl, less from cable subscribers except of course for
the deceptive advertising and the high prices.  200 dollars is hugely
excessive.

Johnnie Apple Seed