[guispeak] Re: SBC Yahoo! DSL Accessibility

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:50:33 -0500

Concerning the browser issue, one of my coworkers uses SBC Yahoo! DSL, and
he tells me he often times just powers up his computer and launches
whatever software he pleases, including his own browser.  As well, I
believe they say on their web site that you can use another browser if you
like.  It's just that they don't provide technical support outside the
range of their own software.  By the way, the modem is an external one that
plugs into the network card on the PC.  I turned on the modem yesterday,
prior to the DSL service being activated, and listened in on a telephone
extension that wasn't attached to a filter.  The modem came right up, and I
could hear it squeaking and gibbering away, apparently trying to find
something else to talk to, so I think we're getting somewhere.

Cheers,
Jerry