[guide.chat] In Reply To: hi all,

  • From: "Elizabeth Kay" <ebeth.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Phyllis Edwards" <phyllis.edwards999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:06:59 -0000

 I also had anout a dozen "trick or treat" groups at my front door but they
were mainly young children wearing Halloween garb and accompanied by parents.
At one time I used to put out my lights and pretend I wasn't in, but in the
last few years I decided to join in the fun even though it is a bit of a bind,
having to keep going to the door. I buy a bag of Halloween treats and have them
handy to pop in their bags. I can just about make out their funny faces,
witches hats etc. and pretend to be scared; although some of them look scared
themselves, wodering what to expect. Theyalways say thankyou,prompted by their
parents.  I never did trick or treat when I was a child but we had other
rituals.. I think it is  older boys and girls who put people off.  Elizabeth