[gmpi] Re: using another plugin API

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:24:01 -0400

This debate is not ridiculous to me. I and others do hear a difference, and
it is not a bug. My theory is that with 32 bit Csound, after each arithmetic
operation, the result is rounded off to single precision. With 64 bit
csound, the result is rounded off to double precision. I believe this is
source of the audible difference. In a complex score there would seem to be
enough such rounding operations to move the rounding errors up above the
noise floor.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://www.csounds.com