[gmpi] Re: Decision time: 8.2

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:32:31 -0400

I agree with Tim Hockin. There is, however, no contradiction with you. The
host and plugins will be able to filter, split, merge, channelize, and so on
the control information even though it will be richer than MIDI. As I have
suggested before, an easy way to do this is to borrow MIDI semantics but
make the MIDI data fields floats instead of bytes. Since the host will be
able to translate the control information back into MIDI, your ends will be
served without harm to the greater musical fidelity that GMPI will provide.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/silencevst/