[gmpi] Re: 8a.0 What is a Parameter?

  • From: Marc Poirier <fipnid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:05:39 -0700 (PDT)

I don't really like the string path description approach so much just in
that I think that it leads to poor programming practices (you misspell
your group or subgroup in one case, change one and easily forget to change
another, etc.).  So, when I imagine myself actually programming for GMPI,
I feel like I won't like this; I foresee myself getting all annoyed with
it.  But this is also getting into the level of implementation details,
which I don't think that we're supposed to be doing now anyway.  But the
idea of having an unlimited degree of group and sub-group nesting seems
fine to me.

Marc

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com