[geocentrism] Re: Clueless (Hang Together)

  • From: "Gary L. Shelton" <GaryLShelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:01:15 -0500

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said in the Revolutionary War days who
said "We had all better hang together or we will surely hang separately."

We need to get off this denominational thing.  Everybody.  We have enough
battles just improving ourselves and our arguments against the likes of the
Robs of the world.  Look, if the Catholics believe in the apocrypha, and the
Protestants believe their pastors can marry, or if some of you out there
believe the Da Vinci Code is deep thinking, I don't care.  Not here.

Where is it going to get us?  One thing Rob did have very right is his
insistence on evidence.  If on this site we concentrate on giving
evidence-filled posts, then all will be enriched.  If we only shout
unsupported opinions back and forth, who is benefitted?   Unlike Rob, I do
believe scriptures are evidence.  But they need to be treated as carefully
and accurately as anything else.  So please quote them verbatim wherever
possible for their full effect.  If Biblical versions vary, hey, be civil.
It's another delicate issue.

By their very presence on this site, all participants have decided to come
together for increasing the awareness of geostasis (or is it geocentrism,
are they both Ptolemy's world?  I'm still learning the difference myself).
That idea must be respected.  This list is only for our education and
comraderie.  Nothing will be written here that will not be forgotten in a
month or two by everyone.

The dragon is still out there and Beowulf has not yet come.  Keep focused on
what matters.

In geostasis,

Gary Shelton