[GeoStL] Re: Question about a trackable and what's safe in a cache

  • From: MBG <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:04:26 -0600

-
I think the fact that the travel bug has been in the wild for so long
is entirely tangential to the issue.

If it was something serious like a hunting knife or a switch blade,
I'd say yeah, get rid of it no question. But we're talking about a
pocket knife. I had one when I was at wolf rank in the cub scouts. I
think that's 8 years old. Kids younger than that should be supervised
anyway.

I don't think it's a problem. But if anything, I would say remove the
knife blade and return it to a cache. I would not be happy if someone
purposefully took my travel bug out of circulation. Dipping it in
caches and dropping it in a remote location is fine as long as it
makes it's way to a cache within a few weeks, but it's not what I
would do.

benji

from this