[GeoStL] Re: Question about a trackable and what's safe in a cache

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:17:44 -0600

-
I'm going to offer an alternative. Contact the owner, ask for his or her
address and then return the bug to him at your own expense. Let the owner
make the decision what to do. "Back in the day", even with the stated
"rules", things were probably a bit more relaxed and a lot of the better
maybe even required something like this in order to be retrieved!    This
cacher has been playing this game for over 7 years and his bug has survived
for six. That's almost unheard of.   There's obviously something about this
implement of potential maimery  that strikes a chord with people or else it
would have slipped away under a car seat, been used as a cat toy or dropped
off the face of the Grand Canyon. Deliberately moving it to a "remote" cache
is not in the spirit of the game. If this were me and  I caught wind of
someone coming along, essentially playing cache police and hijacking my bug,
I'd be seriously pissed.  Send it back to the owner and then hope you never
"find" crack pipes, condoms, human excrement  or portable meth labs.

Nancy