[GeoStL] Re: Question about a trackable and what's safe in a cache

  • From: "John Ledbetter" <jrljunk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:20:06 -0600

-
I got a lot of useful responses to my question, and then I got this.  Based
on your dismissive attitude, I can only guess you never cache with children.
As Mike stated he did with the scouts, I often let my own kids 'find' the
cache, even if I see it first.  I wouldn't be happy if they found this item.

I have taken a similar item from a cache before due to a safety call.  The
fact that this one is a trackable with a long life was the only reason I
didn't immediately do so for this one.

Thanks everyone for all the reasoned responses.  The suggestions I'm going
to run with is to simply log it into and out of some of my cache finds, and
take it to events to allow discovery.  If I end up at some extremely remote
and difficult cache, I may eventually drop it there.  (The cache I found
this one in was in a VERY accessible location.)