[GeoStL] Re: Question about a trackable and what's safe in a cache

  • From: Arlene Jones <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:32:16 -0600

-
I personally think it would violate the rules of what should be in a cache. I
pulled out my "Idiot's Guide to Geocaching" and it lists Knives or weapons
specifically. The fact that the TB owner states "Remember you can't take Micra
in your carry-on for air travel" on its home page shows that they KNOW it is a
weapon. I looked at all the logs and didn't see where anybody had questioned
the TB safety factor, but at those logs could have been deleted too. That's my
two cents worth.

Arlene

> From: jrljunk@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [GeoStL] Question about a trackable and what's safe in a cache
> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:04:04 -0600
>
> -
> Found the trackable 'Micra' (TBD224) in a cache yesterday. This one has
> been around for a looooong time, looking at its travel history. My question
> is, does it violate the idea of unsafe items in a cache. It has scissors
> and knife blades. I've pulled a similar item that wasn't a trackable out of
> a cache before on a safety call. Opinions?

> Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
> Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84
> Missouri Geocachers Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php

from this