[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching.com & Virtuals

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:22:40 -0500

Actually, Geocaching.com does NOT dictate the entire world of caches. Just
the one's posted at that particular site. There are other sites with less
stringent rules you can go post to.

I wonder if having a cache in the science center is really going to bring
more people there that wouldn't already go? I haven't done the GO-Busch
cache or the City Museum Virtual because a cache is not enough incentive for
me to go either place. If by chance I happen to be at either of those
places, I might spend time doing a cache. But, even though I frequent the
zoo, it took me several times to get all the caches there because my family
wants to see the ZOO, not cache! :)  They complain that we never go to a
playground just to play anymore. There's always a cache involved. LOL) And
actual caches are far more incentive to all of us (in my family) than
virtuals, the kids love to trade. Figure out a way to make us do scavenger
hunt in the Science center and then take data to find a cache in forest park
or something like that. Or better yet, work with the science center and see
if you can hide one IN the center. Maybe find clues with in the center to
get the combination to a locker there?

Just some suggestions.
Jen