[gameprogrammer] Re: Something to check out

  • From: "Gautam Narain" <gautam_n_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:26:12 +0530

Hi,

The command line tools are of no worth because the learning and working
curve will be as bad as it would be with GCC. Why pay for something that
wont ease the pain in anyway. IMO VS 6.0 was selling because of its
intuitive IDE. Even the debugger is very useful only with the IDE else its
probably as bad as GDB.

However VC++ 2003 toolkit is free for quite some time now and I beleive
there is a way to make it work with VS 6.0 IDE.

Gautam Narain