[gameprogrammer] Re: PC game Outsourcing

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:38:24 -0500

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:51, Marco Alvarado wrote:
> > technology was passed to us since 1973 I guess. What
> > we did was to
> > develop our own. It took almost 30 years but now we
>
> I see a necessity there. And if you want to take war
> as a necessity of human beings, it's ok. But war is
> not THE engine of technology. Invention can develop
> very well without war; what it really needs is
> education, resources and people wanting to solve problems.

During the 19th and 20th centuries there really is no question that war
drove the development of technology and technology made war more
horrible than it ever was before.

Historically three things stand out as drivers for technological
development, the need to produce food, the need for business data
processing, and war. Remember that numbers and writing were invented for
business data processing.

Enough, is enough...

Unless we can bend this back toward game programming it is time to stop
this thread.

I have to say, this has been a very civil discussion. Thanks to everyone
for keeping it that way.

                Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ blog:  www.Stonewolf.net             +