[frgeek-michiana] Re: LangLab visit

  • From: Tony Germano <tony_germano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:06:57 -0400

Would something like this work for pickup truck loading?

http://www.handtrucks.com/pallet-jacks/pallet-lifts/greatplainshighliftpalletjack.cfm?source=gbase&gbid=Great_Plains_High_Lift_Pallet_Jack&TID=NT011

From: tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: LangLab visit
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:31:28 -0400

We do not own a pallet jack so we will probably need to purchase one or two,
preferably used, when we get our next warehouse space. If there is a dock, then
we can use pallet jacks to load and unload trucks. If we don’t have a dock, we
need a forklift.

Another situation requiring a forklift is loading or unloading a pickup truck.
Their beds are too low for a dock and the use of a pallet jack. We typically
use a pickup truck for steel (tin) recycling runs to Gertrude on Saturday
mornings, but we could use a stake-bed truck as well. Anything larger would be
difficult to off load at Gertrude where the sides of a box truck would
interfere with tossing the tin from the gaylords on to a pile on the ground,
not to mention maneuvering a large truck around the yard. Gertrude doesn’t
provide (or allow) forklifts in the yard so material handling is manual.

Tom