[frgeek-michiana] Re: LangLab visit

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:35:23 -0400

Phil Goldbach wrote:
Are we considering using the LangLab space as warehouse space or lab space? I can see it being used as one or the other, but not both.

  It would be more for warehouse then a lab... (my guess)

When I first saw the freight elevator, I thought it was something of a security cage. (Possibly maybe consider finding one to either be donated to FGM or find one at a buisness auction for relatively cheap?)

  We could build our own secure area...

The forklift is at least 7 ft tall as I am 6 ft even, and it's considerably taller than I am.

  We do need to measure it. we MIGHT just get lucky...

I do agree though that the possibility of getting LangLab to fire code and tenancy/rent does pose a problem if they are asking us to pay rent.

  Yup... Time will tell...

Ok on the Goodwill pickup, although I was considering all the rack mount servers that are in the server room of the office space to go to good will, which means loosing another pallet or gaylord, but if we put them on the half pallets that Kevin gave us and shrink wrapped them, I don't see a major loss in using those pallets versus using a gaylord or a regular pallet.

storing them on a 1/2 pallet not a bad idea. The IBM 4500R server is a GOOD server but best if we degrade it back to a single CPU system. With dual cpu's when the 2nd cpu loads to capacity the VRM will fail and thus cause the server to puke. a NEW VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) did NOT solve the problem so it's an motherboard issue.

The Existing 2 Dells are RDRAM based and can go for all I care BUT We NEED the Hard drives *** AND THE INSTALLED CONTROLLER *** out of those machines!

As for the racks, they need to be disassembled and kept. DO NOT give them away...
Good luck on the final draft with for 501c3 with Imre, Tom. Hopefully it won't take the IRS too long for approval.

   Yes indeed...

  Richard'

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit