[frgeek-michiana] Re: City Chapel walkthrough last night

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:31:45 -0400

Non-profits are allowed to sell products and services which is how we will generate revenue beyond donations and grants. We can sell FreeBoxes, IT consulting, IT support services and training. Our colo box and the Joomla web site projects are training for our volunteers. Once we know Joomla well enough, FGM can offer web services and charge for the services. Hopefully, our computer lab will generate enough income to sustain itself but that remains to be seen.

Tom

john jones wrote:
youra mindreader tom i was just thinking about that, if the church doesnt have to pay out of pocket for utilities i dont see why they wouldnt give it to us rent free the question now would be how to maintain the utilities and generate income,would selling free boxes for donations be illeagle if we offered a good price for them?then take that money and use it for lodging?it aint like wed be stealling...guess well see....

    From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [frgeek-michiana] City Chapel walkthrough last night
    To: "FreeGeek Michiana" <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 10:58 AM

    Pastor Troy Rife walked me through the City Chapel building. It
    was very quick as he was between meetings. I will sit down with
    Pastor Rife soon, probably next week, to discuss our mutual needs
    and interests.

    City Chapel has a large meeting room on the first floor and
    another on the second floor. The downstairs room has two smaller,
    office sized, rooms attached. A permanent computer lab/tech center
    may not be possible because various groups use the meeting rooms.
    However, Pastor Rife thinks the meeting rooms are ideal for
    FreeBox classes.

    The area of the building which would have made a decent
    recycling/refurbishing space and was previously occupied by IDT is
    now rented to another church, Crossroads Ministries (I think).
    Crossroads is remodeling their space.

    PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you
    wish for it to be in the public domain.

    The archive is available at
    //www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/

    You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the
    list website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana