[frgeek-michiana] City Chapel walkthrough last night

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:58:40 -0400

Pastor Troy Rife walked me through the City Chapel building. It was very quick as he was between meetings. I will sit down with Pastor Rife soon, probably next week, to discuss our mutual needs and interests.

City Chapel has a large meeting room on the first floor and another on the second floor. The downstairs room has two smaller, office sized, rooms attached. A permanent computer lab/tech center may not be possible because various groups use the meeting rooms. However, Pastor Rife thinks the meeting rooms are ideal for FreeBox classes.

The area of the building which would have made a decent recycling/refurbishing space and was previously occupied by IDT is now rented to another church, Crossroads Ministries (I think). Crossroads is remodeling their space.