Re: Whatcha using?

  • From: Viseguy <viseguy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:02:40 -0400 (EDT)

Reply to note from "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx> Tue, 09 May
2006 15:28:11 -0700

> Speaking for myself, Eric, the fact that it is "bulletproof" is
> a big advantage.
>
> I also like the color. To my eye, it is a fairly simple blue
> without other hues such as green, turquoise and grey to take
> away from it's blueness. Not the most saturated or the
> flashiest blue, but good for the long haul.

I second that on all counts, Rog.  It's very similar to Gulf
Stream Blue, which is "eternal" if not "bulletproof"; Gulf Stream
may even be a tad bluer (and note well, Chuck W., it's less darned
expensive!).  Both have become "go to" inks for me.  I use L.B. in
my Pel M800 for signing letters and documents, and G.S. in my
Aurora Optima for just about everything else.  (Aquamarine is a
close second.  I cut it with Iraqi Indigo to tone down the
greenish aspects.)

I decided to revisit my bottle of Eel Blue, which I bought a year
ago, and give it another try.  It's a nice, mid-spectrum blue, in
the same family as PR's Supershow and American blues.  I'd put it
aside because the drying time seemed too slow.  Well, last night I
loaded some into my Binderized Phileas stub, and wrote all day
today with it (on cheap, recycled paper), and -- I was pleasantly
surprised!  It dried as fast as any other Noodler's ink; on this
cheap paper, it was actually quick-drying.  (I don't suppose Eel's
lubricating properties dissipate with age...??)

Can someone who has both Eel and regular Noodler's Blue confirm
that the colors are one and the same?

--
Viseguy
viseguy@xxxxxxx

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.