Re: Whatcha using?

  • From: "Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman" <eric@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:34:59 +0200

Wow, three different ways to use "grow" in two sentences - nothing like a large vocabulary. I just saw my entire education, student loans, etc., flashing before my eyes on their way down the toilet.

On 10 May 2006, at 0:31, Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman wrote:

I know what you mean!
Inks do sometimes grow on me.
Pens grow tiresome, but I can't recall growing to like one that I had not cared for previously.
Eric

On 10 May 2006, at 0:28, Roger Beamon wrote:

On 9 May 2006 at 23:41, Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman wrote, at least in part:

Why is Luxury Blue special? How does it differ from other blues you
have used and enjoyed? Eric

Speaking for myself, Eric, the fact that it is "bulletproof" is a big advantage.

I also like the color. To my eye, it is a fairly simple blue without other hues
such as green, turquoise and grey to take away from it's blueness. Not the
most saturated or the flashiest blue, but good for the long haul.

I'm more of an inkaholic than a penaholic in that I seem to find something to
like in every ink that I've seen. Even if an ink doesn't jump at me in the
beginning, with exposure, I get to like it. :-) No so with pens. Those that I
don't like seldom grow on me later. I can be very democratic with ink, but
pens evoke a more visceral reaction in me.

--
Roger Beamon
Southern Arizona  USA