Re: [foxboro] IP Communications node-mesh-node

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:56:41 +0900

Sean,
As mentioned yesterday, I did have a similar problem trying to merge one
node in.  I never did figure out what was wrong, couldn't leave it flailing
long enough to troubleshoot.

Eventually, we went through the sysdef with a fine tooth comb, updated
switch firmware and configurations, tried again and everything worked.

While we were having problems:
IP comms from one node to the other via the mesh/ATS did not work.
System mgmt did work half-way - from the problem node we could see other
nodes on sysmgmt, but other nodes couldn't see the problem one.
Peer-to-peers from one node to the other across the mesh were intermittent.
Traffic was high and there were many retries.

Note - your mac address being the same is normal - same behavior as CBLAN.
As far as any given nodebus is concerned, there are the mac addresses on the
node, and the mac address for everything else.

Good luck,

Kevin