Re: [foxboro] Alarm management

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 07:31:22 -0500

My experience with PSS' D&R tool leads me to conclude that something along
these lines would not quite have the immediacy needed for process
operations. At the least you would have to dump that info out of PSS and
put it into some sort of viewer that could access it quickly and easily
for the operators. And if you are not on Windows, and don't want to
install rdesktop or something similar on your Sun boxes, that's your only
option.

Corey

From:
"Theobald, Martin" <Martin.Theobald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
10/17/2011 02:49 AM
Re: [foxboro] Alarm management
Sent by:
foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dirk,

Re: First problem:  displaying "what to do" information

If you were using the Invensys preferred Alarm Management Tool (PlantState
Suite) then the information from the alarm review process could be
captured directly in to the Documentation & Rationalisation (D&R)
component of the Advanced Alarm Elements module.  It is then pretty
straight forward to present this information to the user using picks on
the Current Alarm Display (CAD). Some users consider the D&R component to
be Master Alarm Database for the asset.

For further information contact your regional Alarm Management Subject
Matter Expert, your Account Manager (Client Sales Executive) should have
the relevant details

Regards,

Martin Theobald
Senior Support Engineer