Re: [foxboro] Alarm management

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:33:42 -0500

OK, I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I guess my point was that
calling up a browser and several clicks and some time later to get the
data is too much to ask of an operator when the plant is falling down
around his knees. You want it where said harried operator clicks a button
on the CAD and, to paraphrase Emeril Lagasse, BAM! and the information he
needs is there.

No part of PSS is capable of meeting that kind of performance and ease of
use requirement in my experience. You need a lean, mean, external viewer.
It can get data from PSS on a regular download basis, though.

Corey

From:
"Theobald, Martin" <Martin.Theobald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
10/17/2011 08:12 AM
Re: [foxboro] Alarm management
Sent by:
foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Corey,

If you talk to our North American Alarm Management Team then there are
ways that the data can be pulled out of the D&R component on demand.
Granted it is easier on MS Windows platform where you can use the built in
web browser to present that data.  I have been told that it should also be
possible to do the same using browsers that are available for the Solaris
boxes.  My personal experience is on the I/A Series MS Windows platform.

All,

For those with an Alarm Management Tool already in place, then it maybe
possible that parts of the PlantState Suite (PSS) Advanced Alarm Elements
module can be licensed on a stand-a-lone basis.

Regards,

Martin Theobald