Re: two requests: output tabbar and history

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:59:51 +1000

On Fri, 21 May 2010 00:38:50 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >  > - when "cyclic list" is disabled, do not allow to immediately access
> >  > the last item in list by pressing <up>.
> > That behaviour is one of the 2 essential purposes of cyclic history lists.
> > If you want otherwise, disable the option.
> >
> I probably wasn't very explicit.
> When "cyclic list" is enabled, the user can immediately use
> <up>/<down> to access the last/first item in the list. This is as
> expected.
> When "cyclic list" is disabled, the user can still immediately use
> <up>/<down> to access the last/first item in the list. This is
> unexpected behaviour. It would be more intuitive if the user could
> immediately only use <down> to access the first item in the list.

Pressing up or down respectively changes to the item 'above' or 'below' in the
history, not necessarily to the first or last, though when the entry is empty,
it does change to last or first. I think it may be intuitive to only allow
'down' if you imagine the history list as being placed below the entry. Think
about the history popping up above the entry ...