Re: two requests: output tabbar and history

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:25:02 +0100

On 5/19/10, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Strange indeed. There's nothing in emelfm2 which makes this happen. It looks
> to me like a gtk bug. At risk of getting too  technical, scroll-wheel
> movement improperly causes (among other things) an "activate" signal to be
> issued. Just like pressing <Enter>. In the user combo, that signal skips
> focus to group, and there, the activation closes the dialog and applies
> whatever is then current in the combos. Bad.

It is interesting that you don't need the scroll-wheel to cause this
behaviour. Do file.owners on a file owned by root. Access the user
combo and then choose (here) 'liviu' user and you will notice that
after performing the user change the cursor is automatically
transferred to the second input box. Changing the group to 'liviu'
will automatically "activate".

In other instances, when I change the user/grp info, emel doesn't
automatically update the display: if a root file becomes owned by
liviu, emel will still display root as the owner. Manually putting the
mouse in the user input box would make emel change the displayed name
to 'liviu'.

Maybe this helps
Liviu