Re: two requests: output tabbar and history

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:12:03 +1000

On Sun, 9 May 2010 18:10:19 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Tom
> Would you consider the following two requests:
> - allow to position the output tabbar (the one with "1, 2, 3" tabs) on
> the right of the output pane. This would allow to change tabs and
> immediately scroll for new output
ATM the tab position is deliberately on the side opposite to the vertical
scrollbar.
You can change e2_output.c:
  at line 2599 GTK_POS_LEFT >> GTK_POS_RIGHT
  at line 2601 GTK_POS_RIGHT >> GTK_POS_LEFT

> - revert "go to previous/next" buttons as it was before introducing
> the "History" item in the c-menu. The problem is that I quite often
> notice that the buttons' history is messed up. Moreover, it's awkward
> to deal with a list of last accessed places that spans on more than
> one screen. Would it be better to have revert the behaviour of the
> buttons while keeping the  "History" item in the c-menu?

You can revert to (more-or-less) the former behaviour by starting a fresh
history each session - clear the config setting "persistent opened-directories
history" on the panes page of config dialog. You can remove the history.<menu>
item from the context menu, if you have no need to see them all at once. The
order of histories reflects (or is supposed to do so) where you've been. If you
'branch' from somewhere in the history, the trailing part of the list gets
reversed, so that 'go-back' works as we would expect.

> - this one's a bug: make "only scroll when really following" always
> work. Currently it will generally work, but I keep bumping into cases
> where I manually scroll away, then scroll to bottom but emel stops
> scrolling automatically on new output. Would a debug help?

Reliability of that process has always been a problem, hard to deal with
because it's not reliably repeatable. I'll look into it again.