Re: emelfm2 will not compile on Arch after gtk3 upgrade

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:02:11 +0100

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:45:24 +1100
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now we have another update, in which relevant stock icons are handled by
> emelfm2. This is intended as an interim arrangement, until themes catch up
> and include replacements for all gtk stock icons.

Compiles and works - subject to the problem I reported.

<snip>

> No obvious reason why a config dialog would affect the filelist operation.
> This will need detailed investigation, after I get brave enough to install
> gtk 3.10.

It turns out to be worse than just the filelist.  On further testing, even if I
do not try to change directory after closing the configuration window, some
files will not open at all on a double click (eg text files for which I use
leafpad), but others will (jpg's for which I use GQview). For files with no
association, the context menu appears ("Open with" etc), but nothing can be
selected within it.

Incidentally my year-old emelfm2 2-0.8.1 (compiled against gtk3.6.4) throws up a
lot of gtk errors in the xterm, but otherwise continues to work perfectly,
suffering from none of the above issues.  I may fall back on that version, or
compile a more recent version against a private copy of an older gtk3, until
you have the opportunity to get to grips with these problems.

Geoff