Re: emelfm2 will not compile on Arch after gtk3 upgrade

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 15:04:51 +0100

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 16:31:25 +1100
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You might try a fresh checkout from svn. That will probably fix most, or
> maybe even all, of the problems you encountered. At a cost, though. Current
> gtk themes probably won't yet have replacements for gtk's default icons.
> Having relied on those up to now, you'll see buttons, menus etc without
> icons, or with missing-icon icons. On the plus side, there will be a
> squillion other icons available from the default theme, which can be selected
> for use in the toolbars. Maybe I can find a way to keep the deprecated
> stock-items in play, without causing so much compiler-verbage.

Thanks Tom,

The current svn did compile.  I lost a couple of icons and was busy learning
how to install them when I came across the following issue, which seems to be
new with gtk-3.10. I cannot be absolutely certain that it is new, because I
don't change my emelfm2 configuration very often, but I have certainly never
seen this behaviour before.  The problem affects both the new svn build and
my installed version from last week's svn.  Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start emelfm2 and confirm that double click on any directory opens it as
usual.
(2) Open Change Configuration Settings window.  Make and accept a change, or
simply discard and close the window.
(3) Double click on a directory to open it.  Nothing happens.
(4) Double click again on the same directory (or another).  Nothing happens. cpu
utilisation on one core now rises to 100% and stays there.  I have to kill the
instance of emelfm2 with killall.

This affects both me, using my usual themed version of emelfm2, and my test
user with no theme set.

Geoff