Re: emelfm2 will not compile on Arch after gtk3 upgrade

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:45:24 +1100

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 15:04:51 +0100
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now we have another update, in which relevant stock icons are handled by
emelfm2. This is intended as an interim arrangement, until themes catch up and
include replacements for all gtk stock icons.

The "cost" is about 50kB of icons, and some code to process them. I've removed
the ability to access all current-theme icons, processing them all is too slow
during session start-up.

> The current svn did compile.  I lost a couple of icons and was busy learning
> how to install them when I came across the following issue, which seems to be
> new with gtk-3.10. I cannot be absolutely certain that it is new, because I
> don't change my emelfm2 configuration very often, but I have certainly never
> seen this behaviour before.

Nor have I, nor heard a report of it, so I assume it's the new gtk.

  The problem affects both the new svn build and
> my installed version from last week's svn.  Steps to reproduce:
>
> (1) Start emelfm2 and confirm that double click on any directory opens it as
> usual.
> (2) Open Change Configuration Settings window.  Make and accept a change, or
> simply discard and close the window.
> (3) Double click on a directory to open it.  Nothing happens.
> (4) Double click again on the same directory (or another).  Nothing happens.
> cpu
> utilisation on one core now rises to 100% and stays there.  I have to kill the
> instance of emelfm2 with killall.
>
> This affects both me, using my usual themed version of emelfm2, and my test
> user with no theme set.

No obvious reason why a config dialog would affect the filelist operation. This
will need detailed investigation, after I get brave enough to install gtk 3.10.