Re: Fix for Freedesktop Invocation

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:04:41 +1100

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 04:17:14 +0000
systemdkiosk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I use two files to set emelfm2 as default file manager
> in Openbox.
>
> # /etc/profile.d/90-mime-defaults.sh
> xdg-mime default emelfm2.desktop inode/directory
> xdg-mime default emelfm2.desktop inode/mount-point
>
> # diff output between
> # /usr/share/applications/emelfm2.desktop (stock Arch Linux install)
> # /usr/local/share/applications/emelfm2.desktop (my override file)
> -Exec=emelfm2
> +Exec=emelfm2 -2
>
> The revised .desktop file overrides by path precedence.
> The stock file remains as installed in /usr/share/applications.
>
> The -2 switch makes emelfm2 act like other file managers
> when invoked with a file arg. Most file managers (all?)
> accept a file path arg and open it on launch.

As does this one - but tailored for 2-pane operation.

> I recommend emelfm2 adopt my method or change syntax to
> act like other file managers. It took me quite a while to
> find this fix!

emelfm2 --help

lists:-

usage: emelfm2 [option]
Program options:
-1,--one=DIR  set 1st pane's start directory to DIR
-2,--two=DIR  set 2nd pane's start directory to DIR

among other things.

What led you to prefer pane 2 over 1 ?

Subject to the answer for this, your proposal would be quite ok by me.

> Thanks for such a great app. I hope releases will be more
> frequent too...

In the past, release intervals were typically around 2 months, but that's not
needed now. It's quite stable.

Or I should say, it has been, until gtk3 started mucking things around.