Re: emelfm2 will not compile on Arch after gtk3 upgrade

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:19:23 +1100

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 08:28:57 +0100
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:02:25 +1100
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The mutex-variable-name change since 0.8.x is irrelevant.
> >
> > The type of mutex is (has always been) different with DEBUG enabled. From
> > your experience, I guess one is more tolerant than the other.
> >
> > Anyhow, go see e2_config_dialog.c. Change line 789, from
> >
> > CLOSEBGL
> > LCLOSEBGL
> >
> > Or get the same in the latest svn.
> >
> > That missing "L" is probably causing a lot of grief!
>
> Thanks Tom. That did the trick.  I am now running this as my installed
> version.

Good. That was much easier than I'd expected. Well done on your detective work.

The lesson - it's too easy to miss small differences!

All those "L*BGL"s are now "NEED*BGL"s (they're just tags for things needing
attention when gtk finally stops handling mutexes in a suitable way).

As opposed to CLOSEBGL and OPENBGL which are function-call aliases.

Menu-item icons now working again on 3.10.