[elky] Re: [non] Flying

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:09:00 -0600

                     With that visibility it should have been an ILS landing
anyway. AS for diving to the runway that;s no biggie for the king air and
actually pretty common for where most of them fly into.

                    Happens allot to commercial traffic too. When we came in
from OKC after dropping the Magnum off with Mike... We were on the downwind
and I was looking down at the airport and we were high. Not a little but way
high. Did our base leg over the new Cowgirls stadium as usual but still way
high. We were 20-25* and more at times nose down with full spoilers out
trying to get down into the ILS. Finally got low enough and leveled out and
caught the ILS.
         Controllers do funny things too. I know one and lots of good
stories.

                  Robert Adams