[elky] Re: [non] Flying

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:28:37 -0600

                  Cool. Have fun.

                    Made a road trip wit a friend down to Belton which is a
little over 2 hrs away at 60... Didn't take us that long though.. His 07
F250 diesel was stolen a couple weeks ago and we went down to buy the
replacement. He got an 01 Excursion V10 4WD for $8100 after TTL. Really nice
for the mileage too. Nowhere near as nice as the truck but he didn't want to
continue car payments and this time made the better decision...

                  I took it home last night and changed the plugs etc and
it's running really good. Gotta change out the swaybar links which are $70
each but that's about it. A real PITA to change plugs in but have done
worse. He got a really good deal and it's extremely hard to find anything
4WD here. Only bad part was it's the V10 instead of the Diesel but the
mileage doesn't seem too bad really.

              Oh and the rental car he had for the interm was a Ford Focus.
Have always made fun of them but it's not a bad car really. We nicknamed it
Zippy cause it really is. Has good power right off idle and acellerates
really well in town and it will get up and go pretty well on the freeway
too. I'd buy one of them over a Toyota corolla or camry any day. It handles
better and rides so much better and easy to get in and out of compared to
the Toys. The car is very smooth and predictible at speeds of 90+ as well.
Cruises right along  nicely at 120mph. I'm impressed with it.
           Now for the Excursion it lacks Zippys steering response and
handling but it is a big bus so... Get up and go is pretty good for the size
but noticably slower than a 3/4 ton truck. Rides really well considering
it's 4wd as well. Only problem is going 75 feels like you are going 45 cause
it's so quiet and smooth and cause you are so high up off the ground.

              I may end up with a large SUV one day but it won't be that
big... Can't weave through traffic with it very well here. But will go off
road just fine.

                  Robert Adams