[elky] [non] Flying

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:10:22 -0600

John and I have the Cessna 172 booked for 3 PM tomorrow.  The weather should be
great.  Partly cloudy, southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph predicted.  That may
mean a slight crosswind on landing but not bad at all, shouldn't be a big
factor.

He gave me the information manual for the 172 last night and I'm reading two
sections concerning operations.  He wants me to do the checklist (I worked
through it with him before) and start and run up the engine myself this time.
I'd like to do some touch-and-gos.

I should be a lot less nervous this time, and I really need the escape.  There
*will* be pictures taken.  I had the camera last time, but for some reason we
never took it out of the bag.