[elky] Re: Think yer cold?

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:29:51 -0500 (EST)

Brrrrrrr it went all the way down to 55* today ........... LOL.

In a message dated 12/7/2013 5:39:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
elcam84@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Nahh the quakes aren't cooperating. I went out and started the car and  let
it warm up. Still a foot of frozen sleet and snow on the hood and
windshield. Drilled a hole in the ice on the driveway and it was at 4" thick
the
yard has more cause it was colder than the concrete. Yesterday there was a
little give in it when walking but today it's solid with just a few creaks to
be heard when walking to the shop.

Been vacuuming the house, cleaning the  kitchen etc just to have something
to do. Haven't started on the bathroom.  Saving that project for tomorrow.
Right now I'm working on the kitchen plans  and deciding if I want to build
cabinets or buy premade boxes and make the  doors and drawers(mostly
drawers). Boxes are boring to make but a 15" wide one  costs $30 and I can make
2.5
for the price of materials. IIRC I would need  about 30 or so sheets of ply
to build all the cabs. Not going to put too much  $ into it but it will be
nice just not as fancy as I normally would since she  is really wanting to
move to Charlotte.

    Geri is still stuck in Huntsville. They called and said  they will try
to get them out on a flight in the morning but... It starts out  at DFW so
it's still a maybe at this point. She might not get back until  Monday at
this point and she was supposed to be home friday mid day. She has  been flying
for 21 years and never had anything like this happen before. Her  paycheck
will be good next month though. DFW is having a hard time keeping one
runway open and their de icing is basically wash trucks that they also use for
de icing as it's rare here. The sent allot of the traffic through Ohare but
they have enough trouble as it is with only having a couple runways operable
 at the same time where as DFW can operate 7 at the same time. DFW held the
 record for the most runways at any airport in the world till October when
ORD  opened their new one but they can't operate near as many at the same
time.

Robert Adams

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM, CTSVMONGO <_ctsvmongo@gmail.com_
(mailto:ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Brr..  nuts to hear that its that cold and icy down there-
Im  sure you’ll find something to do to keep yourself out of trouble  J
The  quakes aren’t shaking the ice free?

From: _elky-bounce@freelists.org_ (mailto:elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)