[elky] Re: Snow

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:02:58 -0600

          Wasn't much of a fall she bounces well...

          I have checked rental cars from a few places and hotwire but they
aren't any cheaper and they are all far from the hotel and without a car to
get to the car rental place....  When we go on a trip of our own we will go
into spartanburg as hotels and rental cars are way cheaper. This trip isn't
bad since the hotel is free. She got two trips this month that are one leg
there and back. The hotel has a company pick up the crew from the airport.
The hotel is pretty nice and next to the expensive mall with Tiffany,
Gucchi and has a couple Maseratis in the mall (The new cheap one that looks
like a big buick)

                  As for the Pocket gophers I wish they ate bugs. They are
herbivores and eat tubers and tree and bush roots. Need to kill them off
before they start to girdle the trees and kill them. After talking to
several control guys they agree with what i have read and the only thing
that works is traps and you need to put 15-20 in the tunnels everywhere.
They also said the shooting method is the best if you can catch them. They
make tunnels about 2.5-3" in diameter and the gophers are about 12-14" long
full grown.

           Our cats were all nutz this morning. Everyone chasing and
running all over. They really liked the weather this morning but we were in
the 60s with near 90% humidity.

                        Robert Adams