[elky] Re: Snow (was:ouch)

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:09:04 -0600

Geri was in Charlotte last weekend and there was a good bit of ice on the
sidewalks and she slipped on the sidewalk at the mall next to the hotel. I
was going to go with her but the flight back showed overbooked by a bunch
but it ended up having 20 empty seats on it...  But she has the same trip
this week so we are going to rent a car sat morning and drive around and
check the area out. She has a couple houses she wants to stop and look at.
Luckily the doubletree suites has a Hertz counter in the lobby. Only bad
part is that rental cars are twice what I pay at most any other city. Their
rental car taxes must be quite high.

      Oh and we were 82* yesterday and the day before was very nice at 72*
and 20% humidity. We only see air that dry maybe 6 days in the year. Was
perfect all day. Course back to 60s today and 86% humidity.

        And for varmits... I was siting outside last night and the gopher
was clearing dirt out of a hole about 3' away from the chair. I wish I had
a .22 at that time. They are getting really bad lately doing allot of
damage. They do nothing beneficial at all.

                Robert Adams