[elky] Re: Snow

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:55:37 -0500 (EST)

It doesn't matter what you have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au-RkJdwXsA
slippery is slippery.

In a message dated 2/13/2014 12:49:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just  know that 4wd slides on ice just as good as anything else.

Want the  list of what's in the emergency box in the trucks?   The ones I
find online are stupid - water for example - nothing like having it
freeze and burst in the car overnight.

I used 4wd in NJ to drive  across a muddy median to get out of a traffic
jam.  Has it's  uses.
> The event we had a few weeks ago was a learning  experience.  Leaving
> at 11AM I went to the post office, next I  picked up my sons at school
> and then my wife at her work (didn't  think the RWD Cadillac would do
> well in the snow), then traffic was  stopped.  The roads were iced.
> I'm glad the Dodge has four  wheel drive, I seriously considered two
> wheel drive but the guys on  the Dodge forums said it would be bad idea
> with the weight of the  diesel.  It is true, in two wheel drive you
> drift sideways  relatively easily, but turning the knob to 4WD is like
> the traction  switch.  We drove around in circles getting stopped and
> having  to double back several times, in the end we took a road home a
>  sheriff told us was closed (?).
>
> We got home at 5PM, which  seemed like a long time until I read some of
> my friends had to  abandon their cars and walk after 10 hours in
> traffic.   Definitely has me thinking about what to pack in an
> emergency kit for  the truck.
>
> This time the snow & sleet started Tuesday  morning, we'll probably be
> snowed in until  Friday.

Rules: Please play nicely with others.

-List  members page (text & pic  links):
http://www.myelcamino.net/eclist.htm
-List members page (all  pics):