[elky] Re: Monte For Sale (not mine)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:56:17 -0600

Here are a couple of salt flats Elkys:

Bill Ward is a long time LSR competitor.  Before this Elky (I think this was its first year on the salt) he raced an Opel GT with a smallblock Chevy.  It ran in the Modified Sports class.  The Elky ran in
B/BCGC: B-size motor 373-439 cubes, Blown Classic Gas Coupe.  For some reason it only made one pass and ran around 180.

This one is Todd Low's race car.  He's an instructor at Utah Valley University and uses it as a teaching aid.
It runs in the AA/BCGC: AA (unlimited motor size) Blown Classic Gas Coupe.  Its best speed was 204 on a 240 record.  Gotta go faster than that to qualify.

The 80 Elky would run in the Classic category, my Monte Carlo will run (eventually...unless I change my mind) in Production or Altered Coupe.  The rules are rather vague in this area:
http://www.scta-bni.org/Rulebook/car_classes.htm

I gotta get back to work.

On 10/31/2010 12:38 PM, Chris Lindh wrote:
No I meant like the '80 El Camino I have that could find a new home...
 I'd be sad to see it go but it would be one less money pit...

(I could sell it as a roller, delivery available!)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ya mean like the 80 Elky that I don't have anymore?

There's one Elky that holds a record in the AA/BGC class.  It's real fast.